Pew Research Center
Pew Research Center is a nonpartisan fact tank that informs the public about the issues, attitudes and trends shaping America and the world. It conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis and other empirical social science research in the areas of U.S. politics and policy views; media and journalism; internet and technology; religion and public life; Hispanic trends; global attitudes and U.S. social and demographic trends. Pew Research does not take policy positions. It is a subsidiary of The Pew Charitable Trusts. Pew Research Center's work is carried out by a staff of 170.
Pew Research Center is seeking a Research Assistant and Research Associate or Senior Researcher to join the global demography of religion team, which is part of the Religion research project. The demography of religion team analyzes data on the religious identity and characteristics of populations. The team produces reports describing the religious composition of countries as well as other topics at the intersection of religion and social trends (e.g. religion and educational attainment, gender differences in religious commitment levels).
The Research Assistant works closely with other researchers on staff and will report to the Associate Director of Religion research.
(For more information, see https://jobs-prc.icims.com/jobs/5964/research-assistant%2c-demography-of-religion/job)
The Research Associate will be involved in all aspects of the analysis of global trends related to religion. The Research Associate assists in the design and analysis of research and helps to write and review reports. He or she would be responsible for helping to manage projects and field requests for information from the press, government officials, and other target audiences. This position requires substantial knowledge and skill in the social scientific study of religion, global research, statistics, demography, and data analysis. Candidates with more extensive experience or exceptionally strong qualifications may be considered for appointment at the Senior Researcher level. (For more information, see https://jobs-prc.icims.com/jobs/5962/research-associate%2c-global-religious-demography/job)
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Data analysis
- Research design
- Writing and communication
- Project planning and management
- Research Assistant - BA required.
- Research Associate - Advanced degree in sociology, economics, demography, political science, or related field preferred. 5-9 years of research experience, with at least 3-5 years of specialized research and analysis experience expected for Associate level (this may be concurrent with coursework). Often includes significant graduate training at the PhD level or equivalent experience in an applied setting.
- Senior Researcher position 15+ years of research experience, with a minimum of 10 years of specialized research and analysis experience is required.
- Proven experience in undertaking research involving demographic data analysis, including using Stata, R, Excel or other statistical software
- Mastery of descriptive statistics, regression analysis and advanced statistical methods.
- Highly desirable: coursework and experience using demographic methods, including cohort-component population projections
- Expertise in topics that could be the focus of future global religion reports is desirable
Applicant should apply electronically including a résumé and cover letter.
The Pew Research Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qnqs4vfrbwynwmkf