Strategic Engagement Associate at PRRI
Position: Strategic Engagement Associate
Status and Location: Full-time, Washington, D.C.
Reports to: Chief of Staff
FLSA Salary Classification: Full-time Exempt
The Strategic Engagement Associate manages PRRI’s relationships with external groups working on
issues related to the four main areas of PRRI research, including racial justice; immigration; LGBTQ
rights; and religious, racial, and ethnic pluralism. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the
PRRI Public Fellows program and coordinating two national networks of scholars and other public
knowledge producers. As part of the Communications team, the incumbent will also assist with core
communications functions for PRRI.
• Develop and manage a strategic framework for expanding PRRI’s reach and impact among
organizations and scholars working in related sectors.
• Manage the PRRI Public Fellows program, an initiative that supports the work of a diverse group
of 16 socially engaged scholars working across the four core areas of PRRI research, including
ongoing monthly meetings and in-person annual convenings.
• Manage two national networks of 20-25 scholars and other public knowledge producers working
in the areas of racial justice and immigration.
• Develop engaging content in collaboration with members of the Communications team for press
materials, research briefings, presentations, and grant materials.
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public affairs or a related field required. Advanced
degree in religious studies, sociology, or related field a plus.
• Minimum five years of experience in external relations, legislative affairs, academic affairs,
community organizing, or coalition building.
• Proactive, results-driven problem solver.
• Compelling communicator and strategic thinker with outstanding written, verbal, and
interpersonal communication skills.
• Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills.
• Displays personal credibility and integrity; treats all people with dignity and respect.
PRRI (Public Religion Research Institute), founded in 2009, is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization
dedicated to conducting independent research at the intersection of religion, culture, and public policy.
PRRI research explores and illuminates America’s changing cultural, religious, and political landscape.
The organization’s mission is to help journalists, scholars, pundits, thought leaders, clergy, and the
general public better understand debates on public policy issues, and the important cultural and
religious dynamics shaping American society and politics.
Please visit our website for more information at http://prri.org.
Instructions for Applying:
Applications will be received until June 11, 2021, or until the position is filled. Please send cover letter,
resume, and three professional references in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org. PRRI offers a
competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Women and minority candidates are
encouraged to apply. No calls or agency inquiries, please.
PRRI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, and
other members of under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of our staff.